Flowblade provides functionality save, name and manage in point to out point ranges on media items.
RationaleThis functionality is mainly useful then there are media items that contain multiple areas of interest or if the user wants to save in and out points of an edit for later use.
A typical example use case for the feature would be:
- User has a long clip of a speech delivered at some social function, congress, company event, etc.
- User wants to mark and name the interesting parts of the speech
Creating Range Log Items
With Clip Monitor
- Add Media Item to Clip Monitor
- Set Mark In and Mark Out points
- Press 'Log Current marked Range' -button on the bottom left in the Range Log panel
Drag'n'Drop from Timeline
- Drag a Clip from Timeline on top of Items list view in the Range Log panel
Adding Range Log items to Timeline
- Press 'Append displayed..." -button on the bottom right corner to append all Items as Clips on active Track
- Press 'Insert selected..." -button next to bottom right corner button to insert all selected Items on active track at nearest cut from the currently displayed Timeline position
Drag'n'Drop into Timeline
- Select a Range Log item and drag it into the desired position on Timeline
Managing Range Log Items
- Use top row drop down menu to select the displayed Items Group
- Use the top left corner button drop down menu to create, rename and delete Items Groups